Summary of Duties: The Project Coordinator performs complex, special projects and related work, as required, to ensure the City functions effectively. Provides administrative support to all departments as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a variety of complex tasks for multiple organizational units, programs, and/or special projects.
- Preparing reports or documents, analyzes data, researches alternatives, and makes recommendations to ensure efficient departmental operations.
- Maintains social media accounts and City website.
- Compiles and generates data for various daily, weekly, and monthly reports; generates reports utilizing various computer software programs.
- Reviews administrative procedures, analyzes alternatives, and makes recommendations to improve departmental services.
- Maintains appointment and meeting calendars.
- Screens calls and visitors; provides information externally and internally; receives, sorts, and distributes mail as appropriate.
- Performs various administrative tasks requiring tracking, interaction, and coordination with department staff.
- Maintains departmental records, files, and retention plan.
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of department budgets.
- Assists citizens and customers with general information; resolves problems related to general departmental services.
- Prepares agenda item for City Council and other meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills: Communicating clearly both verbally and in writing; working independently and as part of a team; operating a computer and related software to include word processing and spreadsheet application; social media knowledge; prioritizing and completing multiple tasks simultaneously;
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
The City of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electronic applications can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org