The City of Charleston is currently seeking applicants for the following Full-Time open position:
City Worker - General
Summary: Performs general labor-intensive tasks in the upkeep and maintenance of City owned facilities and properties. Operates a variety of motorized equipment, power tools and hand tools. Individuals in this position may perform a multitude of tasks which may vary from day to day. This position works under general supervision and is normally supervised by the City Superintendent.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license. Commercial Driver's License desired but not required.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work with general supervision.
Basic Knowledge, Skills and/or Ability to Learn:
- Must be proficient in the use of various hand tools.
- Must be able to operate a backhoe, zero-turn lawn mower and various other lawn equipment. Ability to service vehicles is a plus.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay DOE.
- Employee Insurance
- Uniform allowance
How to Apply:
In person. Applications are available at City Hall, Monday-Friday, 8AM to 5PM.
The City of Charleston is an Equal Opportunity Employer